If you’ve used the PureVPN app on your iPhone, then you know how frustrating it can be when the app asks you to re-enter your password whenever you try to make a change to any important settings. That’s why we’ve decided to review the password policies and procedures of the app. We hope this information will help you decide whether or not to continue using the app. Let’s get into detail.
When we first opened the app, we were greeted by a screen that offered us some encouraging words. “What would your life be like without restrictions?” it asked. “Anyone can have anything, anytime, anywhere,” it continued. “With the help of PureVPN, you can change that for good.”
The overall impression we got from this screen was that changing your password on the app was as easy as making a phone call. But, as you’ll soon discover, there’s a lot more going on underneath the hood than meets the eye.
How to Change the Password on the PureVPN App
Let’s begin by confirming that you’re using the right app. If you’ve downloaded the “PureVPN” app from the Google Play Store, then you’re in the right place. If not, then maybe it’s time for you to consider downloading the “PureVPN” app from the Google Play Store and changing your ways.
Confirm Your Identity
When you first open the app, you’ll be prompted to enter your email address and follow the on-screen instructions. After you’ve set up a user ID and password, you’ll be asked to confirm your identity by entering the captcha code you’ve been assigned.
If you’ve ever used a VPN before, then you may be familiar with the concept of confirming your identity. When you use a VPN app, confirming your identity is usually as simple as entering a code you’ve been given or confirming your email address with another click.
Change Your Password
After you’ve confirmed your identity, you’ll be taken to the settings page. Here, you’ll find four options that control how the app handles your password:
- Automatic Login – When this option is enabled, the app will remember your email address and password, and you won’t be required to enter them every time you use the app.
- Device Unlock – When this option is enabled, the app will remember your email address and password, and it will allow you to use the device even when it’s locked. This is mainly useful if you leave the device connected to a WiFi network even when you’re not using it.
- Geolocation – When this option is enabled, the app will remember your email address and password, but it won’t remember your location when you check your email. This way, your location will remain hidden (anonymously) from anyone who doesn’t belong to your email contact list.
- Secure Notes – When this option is enabled, the app will remember your email address and password, but any notes you make will be stored in a secure section of the app. This way, if you do fall victim to a data breach or security attack, your personal information will be safe.
As you can see, there’s a lot of options here, and it can be tricky to know which one to choose.
What Settings Should I Look At?
When you scroll down further, you’ll see a list of the apps that can be used with the VPN, along with basic information such as the version number and size of the files.
Along with these basic settings, you’ll see a number of options that are related to how the app handles your confidential data.
- Data Encryption – This option will decide how the app handles the encryption of your data when it’s transmitted to and from the VPN server
- Data Integrity Check – This option will decide how often the app checks the integrity of the data it receives. Setting this option to “Never” will keep your data secure but slightly diminish the speed of the app.
- Data Leak Prevention – When this option is enabled, the app will send encrypted data to the VPN server in chunks, instead of sending it all at once. This prevents small data packets from being picked up by third parties and gives you some added privacy protection.
- Always Keep My Country – When this option is enabled, the country you are connecting from will not be visible in the app, even if your VPN connection is set to a different country
- Hide My IP Address – When this option is enabled, your device will appear to be coming from a different country than your location (anonymously). This prevents traffic from being monitored by Internet Service Providers (ISPs), governments, and other organizations.
Making A Change
Once you’ve set everything up as you want it, you’ll be taken to the settings page again. From here, you can exit the app and return anytime you like. But, we’d suggest saving your changes before you do.
If you look at the verdict above, you’ll see that we rated the password changing feature 3 out of 5 stars. We think the developers could have done a lot to improve the user experience here, mainly by asking for the password less frequently and by clearly indicating how many times they’ve already asked for your password. Another thing that could be improved is the security of the app. If you were to download the “PureVPN” app from the Google Play Store, then you’d see that it currently has 4+ star ratings and it currently has over 500,000 downloads. So, if you’re searching for a safe and easy to use VPN, then you can download the “PureVPN” app from the Google Play Store with confidence.
In summary, “PureVPN” is a reputable and popular app that allows users to change their passwords easily and quickly. It also integrates well with other applications on your phone and doesn’t get in the way when you’re using them. If you’re looking for an easy to use and safe app that offers great usability, then you can download “PureVPN” from the Google Play Store with confidence.