With the number of governments trying to control what citizens can access on the internet, it’s no wonder that many people are looking for ways to limit government surveillance. One such option is NordVPN. We’ll explain how you can connect to a NordVPN server to get the security and privacy you’re looking for.
NordVPN Features And Pricing
NordVPN is one of the most popular VPN services because of its affordable cost and the quality of its service. It also supports a variety of platforms, so no matter what type of device you use, you’re sure to be able to connect. The best part is that you can take advantage of NordVPN’s no-logging policy and its excellent customer service to make sure your anonymity is never compromised.
Unfortunately, not all VPN services are created equal. NordVPN does have some significant advantages, but it also has a couple of drawbacks. Because it’s a relatively new service, there are some minor kinks that need to be worked out. When you consider the price point and quality of service, though, you have to admit that NordVPN is a great choice for people who are looking for an excellent VPN service without having to break the bank.
Setting Up An Account
To get started with NordVPN, you’ll need to visit their website and click the button to create an account. You’ll then be presented with several options for a username and a password. We’d suggest using a complex password and ensure you use a unique password for each account you create.
After you submit this information, you’ll be brought to the homepage of NordVPN where you can see a map of the servers with the countries that are currently available. You can click on any of the dots to see more information about that particular server. You can choose from three different privacy packages from here, all of which are great for preventing surveillance. Once you choose a privacy package, you’ll then be directed to the payment page.
When you decide to purchase a VPN plan from NordVPN, you’ll be presented with a few options. The cheapest plan goes for $2.99 a month, which includes 5 simultaneous logins, 500 MB of bandwidth, and daily website traffic limits. If $2.99 sounds good to you, then this plan would be a great choice. It’s ideal for people who simply want to secure their personal internet use. If you’re looking to protect your business from online threats as well, then the best plan goes for $5.45 a month and includes all the perks mentioned above as well as unlimited users.
Once you’ve created an account with NordVPN and made the initial payment, you’ll then be brought to a page that shows you how to use their software. If you have a Windows system, then you can download and install the NordVPN app from here. Once installed, you can use the app to easily connect to the VPN server of your choice. From here, you can also change your username and password if you need to. If you’d like to have more control over your VPN connection, then you can use the app’s settings to connect through a PPTP tunnel instead of the standard OpenVPN connection.
Once connected, you can surf the web as usual but all of your traffic will be routed through the VPN server first, obscuring your true location and allowing you to access websites that are blocked in your location. Because NordVPN is a bit more complicated to set up than most other VPN services, we’d recommend using a dedicated tool like PrivateInternetAccess or VPN for Windows to make sure you can easily connect to NordVPN whenever you want. Both of these tools have an excellent reputation and have been independently tested and approved by experts.
So you’ve decided to try NordVPN and you want to know why it’s one of the most recommended VPN services out there. Here are some of its biggest selling points.
- NordVPN Is One Of The Most Experienced Companies In The VPN Space. This company has been around for nearly two decades and has established itself as one of the leaders in the VPN industry. The company has offices all around the world and has worked with thousands of customers to ensure they’re always satisfied.
- NordVPN Is One Of The Most Reputable Companies In The Industry. This company has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau with over 99% of its reviews being positive. If you’re worried about shopping for products or services online, then you can rest assured that NordVPN is a safe bet.
- NordVPN Guarantees Your Privacy. This company puts privacy first, so you know exactly what you’re getting into when you connect to a NordVPN server. They don’t log any of your specific activity, they don’t collect any browsing history, and they don’t sell your data to third parties. All of this coupled with their strong no-logging policy puts NordVPN ahead of the competition.
- NordVPN Is One Of The Most Affordable Services. This company knows how difficult it can be to find a VPN that fits into your budget, especially since you usually have to buy extra features to make sure you get value for your money. NordVPN is one of the few services that don’t require you to pay extra for additional features. Even their basic $2.99 plan comes with unlimited bandwidth and a decent amount of storage. This makes it easy for people on a budget to afford top tier VPNs.
- NordVPN Has One Of The Most Comprehensive Customer Support Channels. This company prides themselves on being available via live chat and email. They also have a money-back guarantee if you meet the right conditions. All of this coupled with their established history in the industry provides customers with a sense of comfort and security when using this service.
- NordVPN Provides A Variety Of Options For Its Customers. This company provides their customers with a variety of options when it comes to choosing a VPN server to connect to. You can choose from France, Ireland, or the Netherlands, and within those countries, you can choose from a London, Dublin, or Amsterdam server. This provides users with excellent customization options and, in turn, provides them with a better overall experience.
- NordVPN Offers One Of The Most Popular Plans. This company has designed their product with affordability in mind. Most other VPN services jump up in price once you surpass a certain threshold, but not NordVPN. The standard plan is just $2.99 per month and comes with all the perks mentioned above. This plan is so popular that even if you do choose to upgrade your plan at a later date, the extra cost is more than offset by the additional features you get for free.
- NordVPN Has All The Necessary Apps And Plugins For Mac And Windows Users. This company has apps for both Mac and Windows users. One of the reasons why we like the versatility of this product is because the apps are independently developed and use a unique protocol that works with all the VPN services.
- NordVPN Has An Excellent Reputation In The Industry. This company has been around for almost two decades and has worked with thousands of customers to ensure they’re always satisfied. This means their customers tend to have very good things to say about the service.
- NordVPN Is One Of The Most Trusted Services. This company has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau with over 99% of its reviews being positive. If you’re worried about shopping for products or services online, then you can rest assured that NordVPN is a safe bet.
- NordVPN Offers A Variety Of Locations For Its Users To Connect To. This company offers users the ability to connect from almost any country. This provides them with excellent freedom when traveling and ensures they can always get online wherever they go. If you’re worried about government surveillance, then this is something you need to consider.
- NordVPN Offers An Excellent User Experience. This company knows how important it is to ensure users have an excellent experience when connecting to a VPN. They aim to please their users with everything from their pricing to their apps and website design.
These are just some of the reasons why we think you should try NordVPN. We hope this article has helped you connect to a NordVPN server and provided you with some information about the service. If you have any other questions, then feel free to contact us. We’d be happy to help you out.