Most people own a smart phone these days which makes it pretty easy to stay connected online while on the move. With the release of Xbox One and the range of exclusive titles available, it’s the perfect time to bring your console into the 21st century and enjoy the freedom of digital life that a VPN brings.
If your Xbox One is connected to the internet through WiFi, you can easily set it up to access the VPN services offered by NordVPN to protect your personal data when browsing the web and enjoy secure logins for apps such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
So here’s how to set up a VPN on your Xbox through WiFi.
Setting up a VPN on your Xbox through WiFi is pretty straightforward and is similar to doing so on other devices. Just follow these simple steps:
- Go to settings.
- Select network.
- Select VPN protocol (most likely PPTP)
- Select a name for the VPN connection
- Select “allow unknown devices”
- Select “disable password protection”
- Select “no encryption”
- Select “auto connect”
- Select “bring up my wireless network”
- Select “WIFI (free)”
Once that’s done, you can connect to the internet through your Xbox One and gain access to all the content that the internet has to offer through a secure and anonymous connection. Your personal data will be protected by an SSL encryption and your IP address will be masked to stay hidden when browsing the web. No more worrying about your personal details being stolen while online!
There are a few advanced settings that you can set to gain more control over your VPN connection on your Xbox One.
- Select “auto reconnect” to have your device connect to the VPN whenever it loses contact with the internet.
- Select “persistent VPN connection” to have your device connected to the VPN even when the console is turned off. This is useful if you’re on the move and want to continue using the internet when traveling so long as you have a power source to keep your console running.
- Select “use a VPN connection for my Wi-Fi connections only” to ensure that all your Wi-Fi connections are encrypted using the VPN connection whenever it’s active. This is useful if you’re staying at a hotel and don’t want others nearby to access your personal data when they aren’t supposed to.
- Set a “limit to how many devices can connect” to ensure that nobody else can connect to your VPN while you’re away from home.
- Select “require users to input a password” to ensure that everyone who wants to connect to your VPN needs to provide the correct credentials.
- Select “VPN protocol must be compatible with open network technologies” so that all your devices (including iOS, macOS, Linux and Windows) are able to connect to the VPN. If you encounter any issues using a VPN on one of these operating systems, please do let us know via the contact form so that we can assist you.
With these settings configured, you can forget about your VPN and concentrate on enjoying your Xbox experience while surfing the web or using apps without any worries about your personal data being compromised. The more you use a VPN, the more you’ll appreciate its privacy-protecting benefits!
Protecting Your Privacy
One of the main reasons why you might want to use a VPN on your Xbox is to protect your personal data when browsing the web and accessing your favorite apps and games. Without a VPN, your personal data is sitting on a server somewhere, exposed to anyone who wants to take a peek. This isn’t necessarily the case when using a VPN, as your personal data is still sitting on the server but it’s encrypted so that no one can read it. This is similar to using a bank vault as a lockbox to store your valuables. The only difference is that with a VPN, the lockbox is secure and anonymous.
With all these digital nomads taking to the web to make a living, it’s the perfect time to ensure your personal data is safe and available only to those you want to share it with. A VPN can ensure that your personal data is safe and accessible only from the device you’re currently on; whether you’re at home, in the office or even on the move. No more worrying about whether or not you’re secure online!
So now that you’re all set up with a VPN on your Xbox through WiFi, it’s time to dive in and enjoy your newfound sense of freedom when online.