Free VPNs Aren’t Worth It
If you’re looking for a free VPN, think again. There are dozens of free VPNs out there, but not all of them are created equal. Some are quite good, but most of them are more like security theatre. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a good thing that these free VPNs exist, but they don’t offer great value.
Why? Because just about anyone can set up a free VPN and put up a few servers. All they need is a little bit of hosting space and a strong urge to improve their online privacy. So while it’s important to have access to these free VPNs, don’t expect them to save you tons of money.
The Best VPNs Are More Than Just Free
There are a few great, free VPNs out there, but the best ones aren’t free. The best VPNs offer great value and are highly recommended by experts all over the world. Here’s a good example:
- NordVPN: NordVPN is a great example of a quality VPN that provides amazing value without any gimmicks. They also offer a special 7-day money-back guarantee if you try them out. If you’re looking for a VPN and don’t want to spend a fortune, NordVPN is a great choice because you can try it without any risk. Their service doesn’t require you to register or provide any personal information. All you need is a credit card to make the purchase. So not only is NordVPN highly recommended by experts, but you can also try it out risk-free for a whole week!
- IPVanish: Similar to NordVPN, IPVanish offers high-quality service with top-notch security and an excellent customer support team. While IPVanish is a little more expensive than NordVPN, you can’t beat the value. You get what you pay for with IPVanish. If you want to connect to other countries, you’ll have to pay a little bit more. But it’s well worth it. Plus, you can get a free trial of their service before you buy it.
- Private Internet Access (PIA): Similar to the other VPNs mentioned so far, Private Internet Access provides a safe and secure way to surf the web privately. Like most VPNs, they offer a free version, but if you want to use a VPN to create a private network, you’ll need to pay. This is one of the more expensive VPNs out there, but it’s also one of the more reputable ones too. If you’re looking for a VPN that provides privacy and security without the headaches, give Private Internet Access a try.
- CyberGhost: CyberGhost is another option if you’re looking for a VPN that provides privacy and security. They offer a free version that allows up to five devices to be connected at one time. That’s plenty for most people. You don’t need to pay a penny for the service, but you will need to make sure you’re connected to a fast and stable internet connection in order to get the best experience from the service. If you’re looking for a VPN that provides top-notch connection speeds and stability without the headaches of paid plans, give CyberGhost a try.
- Hotspot Shield: Hotspot Shield is another virtual private network (VPN) provider that is completely free. As the name suggests, Hotspot Shield is a VPN that was designed for use with mobile devices. This means that it is super easy to set up and use. You can have a VPN connection on your phone in less than five minutes. After that, all you need to do is remember to trust the network and you’re good to go. You don’t even need to provide any identifying information.
- Windscribe: Windscribe is another excellent and well-respected VPN that provides quality service and is completely free. You can access the service from anywhere in the world and connect up to three devices at a time. To create a private network, you’ll need to pay a small fee. But, for the quality you get, it’s definitely worth it. Windscribe’s VPN isn’t just limited to mobile use either. You can use it on any computer or mobile device that is connected to the internet. It works on all operating systems including iOS, Android, and Windows. Even better, they provide support for all of these platforms. So if you’re looking for a VPN that works with all of your devices, you can’t go wrong with Windscribe.
- Private Internet Access (PIA) and NordVPN both offer a limited free version that allows you to connect up to three devices at a time with no time restrictions. You’ll also need to register an account with these services in order to connect. But, for the low cost, you can’t go wrong. Especially if you need a VPN due to geo-restrictions or to create a private network.
How To Choose A VPN
When choosing a VPN, there are several things you need to keep in mind. First of all, make sure that the VPN is compatible with your devices. Most importantly, you need to make sure that the VPN provides excellent value for your money. If you’re looking for a free VPN, make sure that it is actually worth it by comparing the free version to the paid version. Also, look for reviews of the service before you make your decision. This will help you get a feel for how good the service is and whether or not it is worth paying for. If you want to learn more, click here.